This is a new feature we’ll be offering to anyone who would like to participate. Every once in a while (mostly when there is a moderator free to coordinate it all) we will choose someone and for a three day span the only posts we will publish will be ones hand-picked by the guest editor. This will give the guest editor a chance to showcase either the type of creative writing they are interested in, the Tumblr writers they think deserve some more attention, or simply their favorites.
- This does not mean we will be giving our password out to just anyone! Your dashboards will not be spammed with, well, spam (or inane posts).
What this entails is, first of all, people deciding if they want to participate. This is how it will follow:
- You make a post on your blog stating, “I want to participate in the new Guest Editor feature of Spilled Ink’s blog.”
- Make sure to tag it with #guesteditors and please note there is NO space between the two words. We will only track this tag! Do not message us stating you would like to participate. Your message will be deleted because you obviously didn’t follow the directions.
- Then a Spilled Ink moderator (probably Bethany) will visit the tag’spage and choose, at random, three names. There is not a set time table for how often, and when, this will occur. It is dependent entirely upon the schedules of the moderators.
- The names will go into a ranking system of Main, First runner-up, and Second runner-up. But do not be confused! This is not a contest! We are simply doing it this way so that if the first person doesn’t respond within 24 hours accepting the role as Guest Editor, we will have already contacted two other people letting them know they are runner-ups and hopefully out of the three we’ll land ourselves with one guest editor.
- So, you will be contacted and hopefully you will accept. Then you will,within another 24 hours, compose a list of at most 50 links, at least 25. These links will be sent to my email and not through Tumblr.
- After inspecting each link to make sure it’s not spam or porn (even though we all love it) and it is, in fact, creative writing, we will set everything up in our Queue and there will be a special link at the bottom of each post stating, “Chosen by our current guest editor, ________.”
- Rinse and repeat.
I really hope that this was clear enough! Please, if there are any questions do not hesitate to ask!